Even though gardening is often associated with cultivating fruit and vegetables, we mustn’t forget about all the houseplant varieties that are grown indoors.
Growing plants in your own house is a perfect opportunity to bring a piece of the outdoors into your home!
Indoor potted plants can decorate any corner of your house with their magnificent flowers and leaves, and at the same time purify your indoor air. If you have an empty workspace, you can put a plant there to create a very calming environment and help reduce the stress of everyday life.
Recently, lots of people have become plant lovers , and they have big plant collections they proudly share online! Not to brag, but a post of my orchids got almost 200,000 likes on Instagram! I was so proud!
However, when posting on social media about my plants, I often don’t know what to put in the caption. To save you the trouble, I decided to do some research and gather the best and most inspiring indoor plants quotes and sayings for you to use the next time you post.
Here are some of the best inspirational quotes & sayings.
Inspiring Indoor Plants Quotes
1. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” – Audrey Hepburn
2. “Take thy plastic spade, it is thy pencil; take thy seeds, thy plants, they are thy colors” – William Mason
3. “Where flowers bloom so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson
4. “I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow.” – David Hobson
5. “Plants cry their gratitude for the sun in green joy” – Astrid Alauda
6. “If you’ve never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden.” – Robert Brault
7. “Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace.” – May Sarton
8. “Just because you’ve only got houseplants doesn’t mean you don’t have the gardening spirit – I look upon myself as an indoor gardener.” – Sara Moss-Wolfe
9. “When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy, there is always the garden.” – Minnie Aumonier
10. “To create a garden is to search for a better world. In our effort to improve on nature, we are guided by a vision of paradise. Whether the result is a horticultural masterpiece or only a modest vegetable patch, it is based on the expectation of a glorious future. This hope for the future is at the heart of all gardening.” – Marina Schinz
11. “Watching something grow is good for morale. It helps us believe in life.” – Myron Kaufmann
12. “Like wildflowers; you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.” – E.V.
13. “Plants cry their gratitude for the sun in green joy.” – Terri Guillemets
Indoor Plants Love Quotes
14. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
15. “When one of my plants die, I die a little inside too.” – Linda Solegato
16. “I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden.” – Ruth Stout
17. “Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
18. “Plants give us oxygen for the lungs and for the soul” – Linda Solegato
19. “Life begins the day you start a garden.” – Chinese proverb
20. “There are no happier folks than plant lovers and none more generous than those who garden.” – Ernest Wilson
21. “I love your roots, not the flower everybody sees!” – Akilnathan Logeswaran
22. “The heart is like a garden: it can grow compassion or fear, resentment or love. What seeds will plant there?” – Jack Kornfield
23. “Like people, plants respond to extra attention.” – H. Peter Loewer
24. “When you plant a seed of love, it is you that blossoms” – Unknown Author
25. “Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow” – John Lennon
26. “I’m really quite simple. I plant flowers and watch them grow… I stay at home and watch the river flow.” – George Harrison
27. “Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers” – Unknown Author
Clever Indoor Plants Quotes
28. “My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant’s point of view” – H. Fred Ale
29. “Trees and plants always look like the people they live with, somehow.” – Zora Neale Hurston
30. “Science, or para-science, tells us that Geraniums bloom better if they are spoken to. But a kind word every now and then is really quite enough. Too much attention, like too much feeding, and weeding and hoeing, inhibits and embarrasses them” – Victoria Glendinning
31. “Gardening requires lots of water – most of it in the form of perspiration” – Lou Erickson
32. “On every stem, on every leaf,… and at the root of everything that grew, was a professional specialist in the shape of grub, caterpillar, aphis, or other expert, whose business it was to devour that particular part” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
33. “Somedays, I am the flower. Some days, I am the rain.” – Pavana
34. “I like gardening – it’s a place where I find myself when I need to lose myself.” – Alice Sebold
35. “Half the interest of a garden is the constant exercise of the imagination” – Mrs. C.W. Earle
36. “Gardening is a work of a lifetime: you never finish.” – Oscar de la Renta
37. “We come from the earth. We return to the earth. And In between, we garden” – Unknown Author
38. “All gardening is landscape painting.” – William Kent
39. “Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.” – Sigmund Freud
40. “Plants are like people: they’re all different and a little bit strange.” – John Kehoe
41. “We may think we are nurturing our garden, but of course it’s our garden that is really nurturing us.” – Jenny Uglow
Adorable Indoor Gardening Quotes
42. “There can be no other occupation like gardening in which if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.” – Mirabel Osle
43. “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way” – Walter Hagen
44. “Garden as though you will live forever.” – William Kent
45. “Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity” – Lindley Karstens
46. “The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.” – Gertrude Jekyll
47. “Gardening is cheaper than therapy – and you get tomatoes.” – Unknown Author
48. “The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul.” – Alfred Austin
49. “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
50. “The garden suggests there might be a place where we can meet nature halfway.” – Michael Pollan
51. “A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them.” – Liberty Hyde Bailey
52. “God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures.” – Francis Bacon
53. “A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all, it teaches entire trust.” – Gertrude Jekyll
54. “A beautiful plant is like having a friend around the house.” – Beth Ditto
Plant Quotes And Puns For Instagram Caption
55. “Happiness blooms from within.” – Unknown Author
56. “The closest I am to being a parent is taking care of all of my plants.” – Unknown Author
57. “The Earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
58. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy plants, and that’s pretty much the same thing.” – Unknown Author
59. “I have these plants in my house that are dying, so having a robot butler to water them when I’m away would be pretty handy.” – Cary Fukunaga
60. “Dear succulents, I promise I’ll never desert you.” – Unknown Author
61. “There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.” – Janet Kilburn Phillips
62. “Anyone who has time for drama is not gardening enough.” – Unknown Author
63. “I must have flowers, always and always.” – Claude Monet
64. “Leaf me alone” – Unknown Author
65. “Proud plant parent” – Unknown Author
66. “I make the air you breathe. You owe me.” – Plants
67. “Soiled myself again” – Unknown Author
68. “I thought I was pretty cool until I realized plants can eat the sun and poop out air.” – Jim Bugg
69. “I’m telling you once and flora” – Unknown Author
70. “I’m a succa for you” – Unknown Author
71. “Grow girl, grow!” – Unknown Author
72. “Ok, bloomer” – Unknown Author
73. “I like big plants and I cannot lie” – Unknown Author
Gardening is truly a work of art.
You can grow greenery outdoors and have your own fruits and vegetables, or you can grow beautiful indoor plants to use as home decor – it’s totally up to you.
Though it can sometimes be hard to capture the essence of gardening, in my opinion these motivational quotes and sayings are pretty close!
I really hope that you can use some of our inspiring indoor plants quotes for your Instagram captions or as a cute little note on a gift card (especially if the gift is a houseplant!).
Until next time!
Like this post? Share or pin it for later!